Roofing Contractor Pike County PA
The roof protects your investment. When it comes to roofing it is imperative that it is done properly so it will last. We have been doing roofs for 25 years. We know how to do it right so that it protects your home from the various forms of weather that we have here in the Pike County area. Summers can be very hot and winters can be cold, wet, snowy and icy.
Your roof not only protects your home but it can actually add to the design and beauty of your residence. With all the different types of roofing materials available today you have a lot of choices when it comes to the look of the top of your house.
Other than a home addition replacing your roof is probably one of the biggest financial investments a homeowner can make. You want to make sure that what you’re doing will provide long-term value, will be leak – free (of course) and will add value and beauty to your home. We can walk you through the different types of roofing materials and options that you have available to you today.
Roofing Material Choices
You have a lot of different choices when it comes to roofing materials. Many of these materials give various lifespans. Some of them will last forever. Here is an example of different types of roofing and their approximate life spans:
- Standard seam metal roof will last anywhere from 30 to 50 years.
- A shingle roof made out of wood shake will last anywhere from 35 to 40 years.
- A roof made out of slate will last over 100 years.
- A shingle roof made out of plain shingles will last about 25 years.
- A composite shingle roof will last from 15 to over 50 years depending on the type of composite that you pick.
- An asphalt roll roof which is not very common and is typically used on commercial structures will only last from 5 to 10 years – not something that you want to pick for your home.